Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pumpkin...well everything.


So my hubby is in love with Pumpkin butter.  I've never really been a fan, but I thought I'd be nice and make him a batch.  We usually get ours at the store, a local company makes it every fall.  This year we couldn't find it anywhere.  I looked through a lot of recipes online and found one that I thought sounded good.  So here it goes.

Recipe:

Ingredients:
1 15-ounce can pumpkin
1/2 cup apple juice
3/4 granulated sugar (i used cane sugar)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp vanilla

Directions:
1) Set crock pot on low and combine all the ingredients in the bottom, stir together well.
2) Cover and let cook for about 5 hours. It should be thick enough to stick to your spoon when turned upside down.
3)Spoon into a jar and let cool completely in the fridge.  (It can keep 2 weeks in the fridge or 6 months in the freezer.)



Here is the picture of what mine made!

It is really good too, and I am not the biggest pumpkin butter fan, although I do love almost everything else pumpkin!

Hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment