Monday, October 21, 2013

Cookie Monday!


For my business one of my standing orders is for the small coffee shop at the local college.   Since Halloween is coming soon, they have been asking for everything pumpkin...pumpkin donuts, pumpkin whoopie pies, pumpkin muffins...well, you get the point. 

This week they asked for some "Halloween" sugar cookies, so I had some freedom to play around with different shapes.  I made them some pumpkins (of course), candy corn, tombstones, and Frankenstein heads. It was fun but I was a little rushed last night to get them done, so they don't look the best. 

For the sugar cookies I use Martha Stewart's recipe. I do modify it some to suit my own tastes, but it is really good just like it is written.  For the royal icing I just use the Wilton recipe. It is simple and straightforward and works great every time.

Hopefully as I do more cookies like this I will get the consistency of the icing down...that is the hardest part for me.  I'm not exactly sure what the consistencies are supposed to be so it's hard to figure out if I'm doing the cookies right.  Sometimes the icing runs over (like on the pumpkins) and other times it is hard to spread into an even layer (like on the Frankenstein head) but I'll get there. 


I hope you like the cookies. I'll be doing a lot more baking this week, so look for the posts later!  




No comments:

Post a Comment