Monday, October 14, 2013

My crazy weekend!

So if you read my blog last week, you know I was doing a wedding cake for this past weekend.  I was a little nervous since I had never done a cake so large before...but I pulled it off! (and it looked awesome if I do say so myself!) Just go back a post or two and see what the inspiration cake was and let me know what you think...which one do you like better?

So not only did I do the cake I had my regular baking schedule to do and it was Homecoming weekend for my alma-mater.   So we were all pretty busy.  I got to show off the kids a little and everyone had a great time.  Since it was S's birthday a few days ago and we couldn't really celebrate on the day, his parents took us out to lunch and we got to play in the city park for a while. P and R really enjoyed that.  Hopefully we will have a few more nice days like we did yesterday before the cold sets in...I'm not looking forward to four (or more) months of freezing weather....mostly because I'm stuck inside with the kids.

I'm also excited to say that I joined a Christmas ornament (Jesse Tree) swap! I'm really pumped about this.  I'm trying to get involved with new things and since I'm a creative type, I think I'll have a lot of fun doing it.  I'll like you up (http://kareninmommyland.blogspot.com/2013/10/jesse-tree-swap-2.html0) to the blog where I found this awesome thing.  It's all full now, but maybe it will inspire you to start something creative and new on your own.  Hope you had a great weekend and I'll type some more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment